Skyland Ranch Leadership Prg: Leader-In-Training (LIT/CIT1/CIT2) (week 6)
Campers must complete an application to participate. They can hold their spot by registering in one of the waitlist spots. We will be approving applications on March 22, April 5, April 7, then weekly after this. Get appliations in ASAP. You can find the application by clicking here.
LIT Description: Select girls will work alongside camp counselors as they start to take a leadership role in camp. Space is limited for this program.
CIT1/CIT2 Description: Go a step further than LIT and earn the Counselor-In-Training (CIT) recognitions through a variety of requitements that help you gain skills as camp counselor and learn about camp as an industry. CIT1 must be completed before CIT2. CIT 1's must be 10-11th grade; CIT 2 is for 11-12th grade. CIT1 has no pre-requisite.
All camps include: All program materials & activities, patch, meals, snacks, lodging, & trained camp counselors as chaperones. Camp price includes transportation from Redlands or campers can be dropped off at camp.
Camp Skyland Ranch is open to all girls in Kindergarten through 12th grade. Camp is designed to give every girl the chance to succeed, build friendships, challenge herself, build self-esteem, leadership skills and have fun. Highlights of the camp programs include archery, arts and crafts, nature, horse-back riding (for girls who sign up for it), camp skills, fencing, games, drama, outdoor recreation, campfires, fun and more! Just pick the theme week that is right for you and your camper.
Adult Volunteer Opportunity: Limited space for Adult Volunteers must be background screened and additional training is required prior to the camp program. Adult volunteers are free & can request funds from the volunteer fund to cover a portion of their daughter’s camp fees. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Leadership Camp Notes: LEAP girls mostly participate as a group but will have some interactions with younger campers. LIT girls are paired with a group of girls for teh week. CIT1/CIT2 girls are paired with a group of girls for the week and assigned to a specific cabin. LIT & CIT must apply and take training prior to camp.
General Notes/disclaimers about camp:
- This is an in-person overnight camp.
- Pick-up and drop-off are either at camp or at the Redlands Service Center (1751 Plum Lane, Redlands, CA 92374)
- Payment of the $60 deposit must be paid in full upon registration or your registration will be canceled.
- If you are paying with an alternative payment method such as nutty/cookie dough, check, Cookie Camp Reward complete the online form when you register to use it as your deposit.
- The alternative payment form can be found: https://www.gssgc.org/content/dam/girlscouts-gssgc/documents/Alternative%20Payment%20Form%20rev%20May%202023.pdf
- The financial aid (campership) form can be found: https://www.gssgc.org/content/dam/girlscouts-gssgc/documents/8012%20Camp%20AT%20Financial%20Aid%20Form%202017%20FILLED%20EXTENDED%20vd.pdf
- If you apply for financial aid the $60 deposit is due at registration; however, it is refundable if you do not receive the financial aid you requested.
- We want to work with our families please contact us at email@example.com if you need special accommodations.
- The $50 discount for selling both cookies and nuts cannot be used for the deposit.
- As always camp is contingent upon current health department criteria; we collaborate with the health department each summer on camp operations and safety.
- Check our website for our current policies and procedures related to cancelations and refunds. It is found in GSSGC Policies and Procedures in the forms section of gssgc.org
- The balance is due 4 weeks prior to the camp program.
- If your plans change you can log-in to make changes to your campers program including canceling (minus the $60 non-refundable deposit).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.