GSSGC Skyland Ranch Weekend Camp: World Thinking Day
Girls may attend with an adult partner, troop or on their own.
Making the world a better place is Girl Scout Law, so it’s no surprise we have a holiday dedicated to doing just that. Each February 22, Girl Scouts and Girl Guides across 150 countries celebrate World Thinking Day. It’s a day of international friendship and a time to stand up for causes that could improve the lives of girls around the globe. And while the holiday itself comes in February, the World Thinking Day Award can be earned at any time of year (each year). The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS), which you—as a Girl Scout—are part of, has celebrated World Thinking Day since 1926.
This year join the Skyland Ranch team as we celebrate World Thinking Day like we never had before and earn the 2022 World Thinking Day Award. This year WAGGGS & GSUSA are listening to the girls who represented us all at the International Day of the Girl 2020. At this event, girls spoke up and shared their number one worry is the environment. Therefore, this year’s WTD starts a three-year journey for Girl Guides and Girl Scouts to become environmentally conscious leaders.
World Thinking Day theme from 2022-2024 will be Our World, Our Future and we kick off this year by joining Girl Guides and Girl Scouts around the world as we begin to understand how girls and young women are disproportionately affected by environmental issues and explore how we could speak out and take action for a better world.
Before the weekend (or even if your girls won’t be able to join us):
Remember in Girl Scouts, you are part of a special group of girls that stretches across the world. On February 22 of each year, Girl Scouts and Girl Guides from 150 countries celebrate World Thinking Day. That’s one big celebration! Make sure to join us on the Piper & Pascal show as they celebrate World Thinking Day. Comment with your thoughts on what this days means to you and why it and our movement are important to girls and women even those not in Girl Scouts or Girl Guides.
This weekend is part of one big global party that you don’t want to miss out on! Join us as we speak up on gender equality and climate change for Our World, Our Equal Future!
At the weekend Adults are responsible for their own girls at all times, unless girls attend on their own.
- Age: 2nd-5th grade and adult partners
- Cost: $200 per participant; $60 deposit due at time of registration. Balance due 4 weeks prior to camp
- Includes: All program materials & activities, patch, meals, snacks, lodging, & trainined camp counselors as chaperones.
Questions email email@example.com
- Payment of the deposit must be paid in full upon registration or your registration will be canceled with the following exception:
- The person registering will receive a reminder via email prior to cancelation.
- If you are using cookie/nutty dough that does not cover the entire deposit due an invoice will be emailed to the person registering stating the balance due; the remaining deposit owed will need to paid within 5 business days of invoice. This statement typically goes out within 10 business days of registration date).
- If you are paying using check, cash or money order please pay within 5 business days of registration.
- If you are using credit card please use the registration site and pay full amount at time of registration.
- If registering as an adult volunteer or camp aide; volunteers should be prepared to deliver program not participate with their girl(s)
- This is for in-person overnight camp. There is an option for an all day camp
- All camp is contingent upon current health department criteria; we are in contact with the health department to collaborate on camp operation this summer. As with the rest of California business we expect to be able to continue operating; however, the safety of our children is our priority. If we are unable to offer camp due to a resurgence of the virus we will inform families ASAP. Please check our website for our current policies and procedures related to cancelations and refunds.
- The balance is due 4 weeks prior to the camp program.
- If your plans change you can log-in to make changes to your campers program including canceling (pending availability).
- There is a wait list for each program intentionally as we are uncertain on safety guidelines through the spring and especially by this summer and the fall. Currently we are accepting registrations for 8 girls per closed cabin and 12 per open air space; if we are able to add more girls we will offer spots to the girls on the waitlist first.
- Please note if overnight in person camp is not for your family at this time we will have a variety of other outdoor and virtual opportunities this summer.
- Negative vaccination or negative PCR test is not required at this time (as of Dec 2021); however, this may be required by the California Health Department closer to camp.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.