Camp 2021: SR - Leader-in-Training Week 7
Under the supervision of the unit camp councselors join us this summer to be part of our staff team as a Leader-In-Training. Girls this summer will get to help design this exciting new camp opportunity.
Girl Scouts in High School will be eligible to earn either the CIT1 or CIT2 award.
Girls will be required to participate in training prior to arriving at camp. This training will share what to expect and help girls prepare to be an active part of the camp session. Once at camp girls will be placed directly in to a unit with a group of girls. The training is etither in-person session (June 4-5) or an online zoom session with video training (see dates below) or a combination of both.
Girls will choose the week or more they would like to be one of the Leader-in-Trainings. Girls will recieve on-the-job training as a camp counselor as well as additional training and fun. If girls would like a full camper experience they are encouraged to participate in a traditional camp session designed for Cadette, Seniors and Ambassador Girl Scouts.
Transportation/Camp-Time: Regardless of the sessions they attend everyone is off Sunday night and girls won't be able to stay at camp at this time. Transportation will be provided for the 5-day leadership camps from Redlands (Monday mornigns back Friday afternoon).
Note: Girls who have completed CIT1 & CIT2 and entering 12th grade may apply as an apprentice (internship) at Camp Skyland Ranch for summer 2021; email email@example.com for the application link.. Girls who have graduated High School regardless of the Girl Scout training program they completed are elgible to apply for staff; we give preferential treatment to those who completed CIT with us.
LIT Training Dates: We want girls to come ready to participate fully in the camp session they are an LIT. Therefore girls either need to attend 2 zoom sessions prior to their program OR they can attend in-person camp. In addition their are videos available for specific camp skills (required for zoom trainees):
- June 4-5 at camp. Arrival around dinner (5-7) and finish after lunch (1pm).
- Zoom Attendees choose one Session 1 and one Session 2 date:
- Session 1: June 3 (4-5) or June 8 (4-5) or June 9 (9-10) (block 1.5 hrs in case we go over)
- watch videos before coming to Session 2
- Session 2: June 9 (4-6) or June 11 (9-11) or June 17 (5-7) (block the 2 hours)
- Other: Share your training hopes on your registration
- This is for in-person camp.
- Additional grant support may be available for girls who volunteer 12 or more days.
- All camp is contingent upon current health department criteria; we are in contact with the health department to collaborate on camp operation this summer. We will provide quarterly updates on our status of operation with those who are currently registered. If we are unable to offer camp due to a resurgence of the virus we will inform families ASAP.
- $60 deposit is due.
- The balance will be due 4 weeks prior to the camp program.
- If your plans change you can log-in to make changes to your campers program including canceling (pending availability).
- There is a wait list for each program intentionally as we are uncertain on safety guidelines by this summer. 6 girls per cabin is our best guess on availability; if we are able to add more girls we will offer spots to the girls on the waitlist first. Please note if in-person camp is not for your family we had great success and positive reviews on virtual camp this summer - it is not like school and we encourage you to register when it opens in January:)
Questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
Adult Volunteer Opportunities are available if you are interested please email email@example.com so a case can be created for your interest.